Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Ola, as They Say in Brazil

                 Ola, as they say in Brazil.
                 First, this blog is all about Brazil. Brazil land, economy, people, politics, just for Brazil. Second, I am to be referred to as "the Brazil Bloomer". Third, I will be stating a dire problem in Brazil, and seeing the possible ways to solve it. (I will state the problem in my next post). But, for now, just sit back, maybe grab a broa, (Brazilian cornbread), and read about Brazil.
                 Brazil is the 5th largest country in the world, with a vast wetland ( the Pantanal in the south and the Amazon Rainforest and river in the north).
Brazil- The Amazon and Pantanal included


                 Next, Brazil's economy is pretty strong. Producing from automobiles and aircraft as well as steel and computers, also making and harvesting foods like coffee, soybeans, wheat, rice, corn, sugarcane, cocoa, citrus, beef et cetera.
                 The people from Brazil have a wide variety of ancestors- from Asian to Portuguese. Long ago, Brazil was a colony of Portugal, but then declared itself independent, so now a president (Dilma Rousseff) governs the country. The official language of Brazil is Portuguese, spoken by more than 99% of the Brazilian population. Asians and Europeans also live in Brazil.
                 Last, the Brazilian politics. As I mentioned before, Brazil is run by a president, who happens to be Dilma Rousseff right now. Brazil has three main branches of government. Judicial, Executive and Legislative, much similar to the USA. This is a LOT of information, and I really don't want to type the whole government set-up, so I will just give you this link to the awesome WIKIPEDIA.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Brazil
                Anyway, I won't just blurb info in my future posts, so don't forsake this blog. But, I do have a lot to type.
Sincerely,
Brazil Bloomer

               

No comments:

Post a Comment